Well, I guess I should've seen it coming...
Guess who flat out admitted he wants me back? Joseph started texting me last night (insert eye roll here) and said, "How did your day go?" I said, "Pretty good, you?" Which was the WRONG thing to say! I got this whole shhhpeal about "Well I hung out with Gretchen and we talked about men and how they should not compare other girls to past relationships." I didn't say anything back...but that doesn't stop him! He said..."Alrighty...it wasn't anything big, the conclusion was that men shouldn't just want any other women, he should direct his passions toward something good." And immediately after sent a text that said, "you're something good."
Oh, okay.
Then proceeds to say, "...that was probably something I should say in person." I said, "probably." Hah. OK! WHAT! Gosh. I guess I should've seen it coming..like I said, but really?? Oy. Jesus, just take me home! Haha,...just when I'm starting to feel comfortable around someone...oh! Hey! Let's throw YOU for a loop!
I just don't know, girls. When it's your first love...and yes I mean love even though I have much to learn...it's quite the literal tug on your heart. But, I promised myself, no matter how much I wanted to get back with Joseph, it's not happening this semester, if ever. Besides, I know that I want to focus on Cody right now. I really enjoy being around him, and I think it's only fair to give him my full attention and not be that wishy washy girl, and I'm going to tell Joseph that. I might as well be made into on of your adored chick flicks, heheheheeheeeeeee :)
But seriously, the drama! The irony!
But guess what...I was talking to Cody about it, and he made me cry! In a good way! Know what he said to me? "I know you like him, and if you want to be with him, no hard feelings, honestly, I'm just glad I have you now." I mean really, could he be any sweeter? Ever since we've started talking, I've woken up with a smile on my face in the morning. He's precious!
I know I don't need a boy to make me happy, and I think that's why I am so happy. I know, it doesn't seem like it makes sense, but it's just...Cody and I are friends, and we're just so chill that it doesn't matter if we end up together or not. It's just light hearted, and fun. Nothing serious, no serious commitment, just getting to know each other and having fun. He has treated me so well, and we're not even dating! I just feel blessed.
I'm talking to Joseph on the 12th...can't remember if I already mentioned that...but pray it goes well. It will be quite interesting. He ended up calling me today for the first time in months. Boy was it awkward city, but it was interesting. I felt no pain. Maybe a little coldness and annoyance (from me to him) but, definitely weird. Just small talk stuff... he's trying so hard to be Mr. Goodness it's just kind of suffocating.
Anyways...nuff of that stuff. I can't wait for JC to get here!!! :D I wish you were here Leah! You could show us your clogging moves hahahaha! Uhm, also, Morgan just told me that I should read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. THAT EXPLAINS IT ALL. By far the weirdest movie (I can only imagine with the book) I have ever seen in my life.
Love yew bunnies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

boys are ridiculous. but so glad cody's friendship brings you joy.
ReplyDeletepraying. AND I WISH I WAS THERE TOO. have fun witttle bunnnnnies. dance the night away!
Just got back from seeing you guys and I miss yall already!!! I had so much FUN! The only thing that would've made it better is if you had been there, Leah :(
ReplyDeleteBirdy, I just hate that you're having to go through all this stuff with Joseph instead of being able to enjoy your summer and getting to know Cody. I'm praying for you about next wednesday, and it may sound cliche, but just remember that God is in control. He knows what is best for you even better than you do, and He will be faithful to lead you in that direction. Love you!!!