Saturday, May 29, 2010

Long Enough.

My body, brain, heart, and soul are burnt out. I could try to explain things, but they wouldn't make much sense. My life doesn't make much sense at this time anyways. This is a summer of exhaustion. I don't understand, God, but I'm doing my best to move through this mire. I am in the valley.

Psalm 13

Long enough, God— you've ignored me long enough.
I've looked at the back of your head
long enough. Long enough
I've carried this ton of trouble,
lived with a stomach full of pain.
Long enough my arrogant enemies
have looked down their noses at me.

Take a good look at me, God, my God;
I want to look life in the eye,
So no enemy can get the best of me
or laugh when I fall on my face.

I've thrown myself headlong into your arms—
I'm celebrating your rescue.
I'm singing at the top of my lungs,
I'm so full of answered prayers.

I am still waiting for the last part. I am more so collapsing in God's arms than I am throwing myself into them. Still waiting.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you Bird. The valleys suck, I'm in one myself at the moment, but thats when we learn how sufficient His grace is. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birdy and Jace, the valleys can be discouraging...but it's these times that God draws us to Him and He has the opportunity to do some big things in our lives. So press onward, keep falling in to Him. He is working as we speak.

    I love you both! Praying for you.

    "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.'Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
    2 Corinthians 12:9-10

    ReplyDelete