Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Strange Happenings!

I always try to keep a simple blog, but I guess I just have a lot going on right now!! 0.O
  • I'm pretty sure Cody has moved on. There was a girl he was telling me who was "trying to get over him," that he is now basically doing the same thing he did with me. The statuses of "soandso=amazing!" I do think age can be just a number, but a lot of the time I feel like he is still younger than me in a lot of ways. But, I think in a lot of ways, it makes things just that much less complicated. I'm pretty sure I've moved on as well. He's sweet, and I wish him the best.
  • I've hung out with Joseph every day this week. He's had set up a Bible study for everyone to come, but they all bailed this week and it ended up just being me and him, but he was kind enough to fix my Adobe Lightroom for photos anyway, so it worked out. We had some more difficult conversations and he revealed more of his struggles this semester, and we cried and talked through it some more, but I think we're making progress. Talking about this seems to bring only more healing. He has been apologizing for things that I didn't even think he would ever recognize were wrong. Every time I am around him I experience God in some way. I went to Albertson's today to buy sandwich stuff for his family since he mentioned the night before them not having enough groceries (his father is awful with money and honestly pretty poor). I know his parents are obviously under a lot of stress handling work and five kids, so I thought I'd use my photography money for someone other than myself, and what better people to give to? They're amazing. For some reason I went to the Albertson's that wasn't on the way to the Gilbert house, and I thought "Why am I going to this one? haha" as I was driving. As I was walking in to Albertsons, Joseph texted me and said, "hey I have a free drink from starbucks, would you like to come join me and have it?" Guys, starbucks is a walking distance away right across from Albertson's. Weird! So I went and talked with him for a bit, and we met at his house. I stayed for a bit and talked with him and his mother. I LOVE his mom. She has encouraged me the most this semester. Such an amazing woman, I aspire to be like her in many ways.
  • I miss you girls!! I keep wishing Delaine was still five minutes away, and that you guys some how could teleport here and have dance parties whenever I want to!! I just can't watch American Idol either without the peanut gallery!! :) Haha! I am just SO excited every time I think about living with you all!!
  • This is going to be a crazy next two weeks. My grandparents (mom's side) and my grandfather are going to be staying with us for a very long time, heh! V_V This is going to be absolutely insane. My grandma thinks we hate her, and my grandpa (dad's dad) is nearly deaf and always talked about how he is going to die. My mom is going to be a psycho because my sister has a million things she has to do before graduation, and my sister relies/demands a bit much from my mom, as well as my mom likes to take on a lot as well until she realizes how much it stresses her out, haha. So...here we go!
  • I NEED MY HAIR REDYED! And I need my friends here to quit being wussies! No one wants to be crazy with me :( Maybe I should bust out the whip cream, Jace! :) Haha, have a great week, I was thinking of you and praying for you all today :)! Such a blessing and light to my life! <3 Love you!

1 comment: